Macalester College | B.A., cum laude, 2006 | Geography Major | Urban Studies Major
GIS lab teaching assistant | The Mac Weekly editor | Nordic ski team captain & NCAA All-Academic
Proficient • XP/7, OS X, ArcGIS, Office, HTML, Photoshop
Charles River Transportation Management Association | Program and Communication Coordinator | 2013 – Present
Managed programming for non-profit transportation management organization in Cambridge, Mass. Worked with government and real estate representatives to reduce drive-alone commuting. Worked on transit operations, scheduling, graphics, mapping and data analytics.
Appalachian Mountain Club | Hutmaster | 2010 – 2013
Managed 96-bed backcountry hospitality facility and a staff of 9, serving two full meals per day. Trained new staff in all aspects of the operation and led communications with other departments in the frontcountry. Promoted AMC activities and membership, led search-and-rescue operations, and managed compliance with US Forest Service special use permit regulations.
URS Corporation | MassRIDES Outreach Coordinator | 2012 – 2013
Organized outreach events and programming to 100+ employers, cities and organizations across Massachusetts to reduce drive-alone commuting. Led Bay State Bike Week and Car Free Week events.
ClearCost Health | Product Manager | 2010 – 2011
Managed data collection for medical pricing startup. Organized marketing and data collection and compiled and analyzed data in Excel for system to increase medical procedure price transparency.
Neighborhood Energy Connection, HOURCAR | Program Manager | 2007 – 2010
Managed growing car sharing fleet and membership base as part of an energy efficiency nonprofit in the Twin Cities. Collaborated with local transit, government and development stakeholders to create car sharing-specific planning codes and advocate for alternative mode transportation options. Redesigned website, data tracking and analysis systems and managed marketing and social media campaigns.
Spotscout, Inc. | Data Analyst | 2007
Content specialist for mobile web startup. Developed and supervised on-the-ground and electronic data collection for parking, web interfaces and worked on product development and QA.
Center for Community GIS | Consultant and Intern | 2007
GIS internship focused on rural land use, development and participatory mapping in Maine.
Massachusetts State Rep. Ruth Balser | Intern | 2004
Managed constituent contact and phone calls and prepared information for legislative session.
Awards / Affiliations
- StreetTalk: Progress Updates on the I-90 Allston Viaduct project (LivableStreets, Upcoming December 2015)
- MassDOT Late Night Data Challenge, overall winner, awarded by Secretary Richard Davey
- MassDOT Visualizing Data Hackathon, Best Use of Data, awarded by Governor Deval Patrick, 2013. Currently a beta site, TrafficHackers.com.
- StreetTalk: Quantitative Measurement of Infrastructure Changes on the Longfellow Bridge, LivableStreets, 2013
- Best Data Visualization, Hubway Data Challenge. MAPC, Boston, 2012.
- FutureBoston MashUp Camp Winner, MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning, 2007.
- Secretary, Cambridge Bicycle Committee, 2013 to present
- Member, Young Professionals in Transportation
In the Media
Print • Letters to the editor published in The New York Times, the Boston Globe, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Saint Paul Pioneer Press
Web • Contributor to Commonwealth Magazine. Websites featured in The Boston Globe and on TheAtlantic.com, Consumerist.com, Gizmodo.com, Lifehacker.com, TheAtlanticCities.com, Planetizen.com, WashingtonPost.com.
Radio • Two-time caller to NPR’s Car Talk, caller to NPR’s The Splendid Table, letter read on air on NPR’s Weekend Edition Sunday
• Marathon: Boston, Chicago, PR: 2:58 (Sugarloaf, 2017)
• Elite Wave, American Birkebeiner Nordic ski race. Creator: BirkieGuide.com
• Member United States Ski Orienteering Team, World Championships, Hamar, Norway, 2015
Last full update: December, 2015
A single-page PDF of this résumé can be found here. This is up-to-date as of November, 2017.
An expanded curriculum vitae can be found here. This is not up-to-date as of May 2015.